Sunday, 31. March 2013
While hovering over the KMix systray-icon using the mousewheel will increase (or decrease) the volume by min. 12% .. so the sound volume becomes “just too loud” or “just too soft”
The following change in the KMix config file will change that behaviour. The mouse wheel (or volume buttons) will increase the volume by approximately 4% instead of 12% after the change.
- Stop KMix (right-click on the kmix icon in the systray and select “exit”)
- Edit the config file ( nano ~/.kde/share/config/kmixrc )
- Add the following line to the [Global] section: VolumePercentageStep=1.2
- Set the value for VolumeFeedback to true
- Save the config file
- Start KMix
- Enjoy your fine granied KMix control with audible feedback!
thx to eric hameleers for the percentage step – tip 🙂
or.. you can just enable the audio feedback in the GUI 🙂